Wednesday 16 July 2014

Flower pot card for a friend



Hello to anyone reading this .

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting.

Haven't been around blogging for a while as I have recently had a cataract operation and crafting and blogging has been a challenge, as my eyes are unbalanced at the moment.
An interesting experience!!


The card I am showing today is a flower pot card that I have made for a friend who likes gardening.
I really like this design which has been around for ages, but I have only made it once before.

It took me quite a long time  to cut  the  flowers out and put them together, but I think it was worth it.

The pot was cut from an embossed piece of card and the size adjusted to fit well with the large flowers.


The flowers are made with Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies.
The leaf flourish is a Marianne D die I think.

A message is written on the card  which pulls up from inside the pot.

Below is another version which is smaller in size and I used a poinsettia die.



The photo does not do the colours justice as they look a bit washed out! Terrible photography on my part.

 
 
Can't stop making them now and find making the flowers quite therapeutic.
At least it uses up papers that I have had in my stash for years!!!
 
Hope you have enjoyed looking.
Please visit again sometime.
 
Carole

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carole, hope your eyes are improving. Gorgeous flower pots, I seem to have missed some of your posts. Blogger is for some reason not putting them on my follow list. I'm at Felbridge on Saturday. Not got much stock! Speak soon. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole