Wednesday 20 July 2016

Indigoblu June Challenge




Hello.

I decided to have a go at the Indigoblu challenge again but have left it  till the last minute as usual. I'm  particularly annoyed with myself as the colours are right in my comfort zone.
 But, I needed a birthday card so decided to use the colours of the challenge and, as I did get it finished in time, have submitted it.

I have used an old stamp called Twit Twoo, which I really like and which I have used many times.
It is a lovely owl image and is great for male and female cards.



 
I stuck with a very simple layout.
 
 The owl was stamped onto thick parchment paper and coloured with water colour pencils. Then I tore around the edge and stuck it onto brown craft card. I repeated the tearing, although this proved quite difficult as the craft card was tough and quite hard to tear!
 
The background was done with a mouldable foam pad, which was heated and  pressed onto real ivy leaves. It has then been stamped with Distress ink.
  I haven't used this for ages and had forgotten how useful it is for making unusual backgrounds. When you want to change the image, the block is heated again and can then be pressed onto another texture, so the background can be coordinated with the main image.
 Endless possibilities.
 
Well must finish.
Hope your crafting is going well and bye for now.
Carole
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I love this stamp! Thank you for taking part in the IndigoBlu blog challenge! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, I love this stamp! Thank you for taking part in the IndigoBlu blog challenge! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stamp ... wonderful make. Thanks for joining the indigo blu challenge and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image Carole. Love the background. My Joy Trouvaille broke on me this week!! Got a Couture Creations A4 folder stuck in it and had a problem getting it out. Which doing so broke something inside. Got a pink one coming from Amazon. Hugs, Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you submitted on time, it is really pretty and interesting. Thank you for joining us at IndigoBlu Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole