Friday 5 May 2017





 Chocolate Baroque Challenge 34

Hello.
 I thought it was about time that I did another challenge post, haven't done one for ages.



Current Challenge
 
How pretty are these colours and the sample card is  beautiful.






















I

I recently bought a stamp called Serena, having looked at it numerous times. I'm very glad I did now as I have several ideas for projects.


 
  This is the  card I am entering into the challenge.

                                 
 
 
Although the stamp is a Christmas one it is possible to use elements of it, which is what I like .

She fitted beautifully onto a 12cm. Artcuts heart and I was able to leave off the candles, therefore making her suitable for any occasion.
The background stamp is from Floral Edges, another set that I am fond of, and the words are from a Hobby Art set called Sunny Day Greetings.

 


 
 
I used watercolour pencils to colour the image and pulled the colour out with a clear Wink of Stella pen.
It doesn't show very clearly in the photo but it is very pretty and shimmery in real life.
The background is done with Distress ink.
 
Hope you are all having good crafting.
 
I am up at Ragley Hall next weekend with Artcuts, at the Handmade Fair.
 
If you are visiting please come and say hello.
Bye for now.
Carole















4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and love the colours Carole. The background is very pretty and a great design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful card Carole, love the creative way you've used Serena! . A gorgeous interpretation of our colour palette. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, and great use of Serena in a non-Christmas setting. Great mixing and matching of stamps. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - totally stunning card. I love the background and how you have layered up the image. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole