Wednesday 16 August 2017

Guest Designer - Chocolate Baroque Card 2

 


 Chocolate Baroque card 2


Hello Everyone.
Welcome to my blog.

Today I have another card as a guest designer for Chocolate Baroque.


I have used  two of the same stamps from my previous sample as well as the beautiful Song Thrush panel. I like this panel  as you can use various parts of it as well as the whole stamp.




Stamps used:  The border from Harlequin Rose, words from  Summer Poppies, Garden Lace Scene and the  Song Thrush panel.
VersaMark embossing pad
Versafine  Onyx black inkpad
Silver embossing powder
Mica powders
Glossy Accents
Distress ink - Peacock Feathers


I  stamped and silver embossed the panel  onto black card  and coloured with mica powders.  Then the whole scene was glazed with Glossy Accents. Although this takes a while to do the whole panel, it  is a technique I really like on black, as it gives a very dramatic effect and looks as though it has been enamelled.
The border was stamped and silver embossed onto white card and then coloured with the Distress ink.

 I then discovered, by accident, that the panel sat nicely into the border of the Garden Lace Scene , so I decided to use that as part of the background too.  I stamped  the Garden Lace Scene  so that it was balanced with the border and then trimmed the card  up. The panel then sat evenly balanced along the border. The words are from the Summer Poppies set and stamped with the black Versafine.

                          Hope you have enjoyed your visit and see you next week for my last sample.
                                                                              Happy crafting
                                                                                     Carole
 

 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I've just been wowed by this card over at the CB blog so I've just called in to let you know. Your artwork is superb and I've just become your newest follower so that I don't miss any in future. Keep up the good work :) Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for your GD position on Chocolate Baroque, well deserved! Your card is a delight, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carole and love the design. A very Carole card.......Stunning!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and you have explained each step so well. Thank you; I look forward to seeing many more.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole