Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Chocolate Baroque GDT. post 2 - Mackintosh Beauty plus Summer Fayre

Good Morning everyone.

This is my second project for the GDT. at Chocolate Baroque  and I have used one of my favourite stamp sets, Mackintosh Beauty. I really like the Mackintosh style and also Art Nouveau.

The lady is so versatile and parts of the image can be cut away to give different looks, Particularly the dress. I did a blog post a while back, showing how this can be achieved. The images below show this.

                                If you cut the bouquet away she can be holding other things too.

Products used: Mackintosh Beauty stamps
Baroque Orchid - background
Versafine inkpads - onyx black, satin red
VersaMagic - Aspen mist, Pink petunia
Clear embossing powder
White embossing powder
Thinlits die cut
Light silver grey and red card
Wink Of Stella pen
The background is repeat stamped  with the Baroque Orchid and red ink. this stamp does not line up, so that is where the die cutting comes in and the positioning of the lady. It hides this well.
I swiped this over with an Aspen mist Versamagic inkpad which is a grey/blue colour.
When dry, I went over the whole background with a VersaMark inkpad and clear embossed the whole piece. Then the centre was die cut .
The Large flowers are white embossed and the smaller corners stamped with the red Versafine.
Both of these elements are coloured with Brushos to give the lovely vibrant colours.
The lady is stamped with black Versafine and coloured with the pink Versamagic inkpad.
The message is stamped with the red  onto  grey card.
Judith also asked if I would post my next project too, showing a different lady who is equally lovely.
Stamps used: Summer Fayre
Exquisite Edges
Patchwork Butterfly
Artcuts 15cm. heart
Versafine Black Onyx
Watercolour pencils
Wink of Stella clear pen
VersaMagic Aspen Mist
Brilliance black inkpad
Black card or felt
small silver bead trim
Silver metal
border punch
Square  wooden base 25.5cm x 25.5cm ,painted black.
Alcohol ink or markers
I stamped the border frame first with Versafine and cut it down to a square24x24cm.
The flowers were then coloured and a damp brush used to pull the colour out.
The corners were cut from a strip which was punched with a border punch.
This is then mounted onto the base board.
I actually used an old Ikea mirror frame as the base, which was the perfect size.
I stamped the main image onto the heart with a black Brilliance inkpad or you can use another inkpad that doesn't bleed on the wood. 
Make sure this is dry before colouring with the water colour pencils. Pull the colour out with the Wink of Stella pen, but don't put too much moisture on or it will bleed.
Ink around the edge of the heart with an Aspen Mist VersaMagic inkpad and stamp tiny butterflies, with the same colour, onto the background. ( I did this with a tiny wooden Artcuts butterfly embellishment).
This has been mounted onto a piece of black card or it could be felt.
The bead string was then stuck around the edge with a good quality, clear drying glue.
Butterfly embellishment
My butterfly is made with silver metal sheet but it could be card.
I have stamped the metal with a permanent inkpad , that dries on non porous surfaces. When the ink was dry, I embossed it  and cut it out.
A little colour was added with alcohol ink.
Everything was then assembled.
Hope you have enjoyed my projects.
Will be back next week with my final contribution for this period.
Thanks for your visit and happy crafting.
Carole  :)

1 comment:

  1. They are just amazing.... Such wonderful pieces! Really love so much both!


Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes