Wednesday 11 September 2019

Guest Designer September 2019 - Russian Floral Egg coaster



Hello everyone.
 I am delighted to be here again for my September guest designer slot.

We all have stamps sitting in our stash that we look at and think I must do something with that, as I haven't used it for ages. So I have done just that for my projects this time.


I have been meaning to make this first project for ages, so what better time than now.

I have used the Russian Floral Egg stamp, which I think is a really pretty design.
I made it to be a large coaster, the button is flush with the edge of the hearts.






Products used: Russian Floral Egg stamp, five 8cm. wooden hearts, one 12cm. circular shape to mount them onto, black Brilliance inkpad, clear embossing powder, Distress inks to colour  or water colour pencils, glossy accents.





 

  Stamp the design and immediately cover with clear embossing  powder. I find it easier to ink the stamp up and place the heart onto it, so you can see exactly where it is positioned. Heat emboss, being aware that the wood gets surprisingly hot. Colour the flower and leaves.
 
 
 
 
 Put glossy accents over the coloured areas and leave to dry thoroughly.
 
 
 When the glossy accents is dry, colour the background. It doesn't matter if you go over the glossed areas as any gaps in the glossy accents will pick up the colour, giving a slightly distressed look.
I then sanded around the edge lightly.

I coloured the centre of the circle before sticking the hearts in place with a good quality PVA glue.

The centre will make a star shape and I found a lovely , conveniently sized, button to put in the centre.I sprayed the whole thing with a matt varnish to help protect it.

I think this would be lovely with a more Christmassy design on it, as a candle holder. Must work on that.




A couple of other ideas I have done uses the design for  book marks.
 This is a lovely gift for a friend who likes reading real books.
My daughter has a variety of book marks so she is an ideal recipient for my efforts.



The  shape has been cut from the centre of the egg.
The background card was stamped with Floral Weave.


 
 
Hope you have enjoyed my projects this time.
 
Thankyou for visiting.
See you next time.
Carole

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful designs and love the image Carole. The coaster is stunning. Any news? Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole