Monday 10 October 2016

Chocolate Baroque Challenge 27





Hello and welcome to my blog.

I have been making a gift recently and decided to do it  in  the latest Chocolate Baroque challenge colours.

What gorgeous colours they are too.. Love them as they are very much in my comfort zone.



                                   Current Challenge
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I have  used an Artcuts 15cm. heart to make a coffee coaster and these stamps work really well on these large hearts.

 I have had the butterfly set for a long time and still love it, as it has been so useful.
A heart this size may seem a little excessive for a mug coaster, but I find it works really well. When I'm not quite awake in the morning , it is quite difficult to miss, when putting my mug down!

I have used one of the borders from the Exquisite Edges set , which I masked to get the double layer. It has been stamped directly onto the wood  with VersaMagic and coloured with a lighter inkpad.
The butterfly, from the Patchwork Butterfly set, has been stamped onto Chiyogami paper, cut out and stuck on.

I've then  put  a layer of matt sealer  over it, to protect the design.



I have done several versions of these, using different stamps, although the recipients have often hung them on the wall, rather than put their mugs on them, which is lovely.

Hope you have enjoyed my project and thank you for visiting.
                                                                Bye for now
                                                                      Carole



7 comments:

  1. Very pretty heart Carole. My favourite colours and love the butterfly. Hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow a very elegant creation, thank you for joining in with the Chocolate Baroque challenge and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous and such a great idea!!! Love it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely project Carole, and a super gift idea. I love the idea of adding it to a card as well, just right for Birthdays or Christmas. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and wonderful gift . Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super project and stunning in the blues. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Anne x.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. It's lovely to know other crafters are reading my blog.
Best wishes
Carole